Our New School App!
We believe it is essential to work in partnership with parents and carers and part of this is achieved by ensuring that you receive clear, relevant and regular communications. I am delighted to announce that to improve communication with our school community, we have launched a smartphone app which is free to download and works with iPhones and Android phones. Please visit theschool.app for more information. This app is linked to our school website.
Benefits of the app for Parents and Carers:
- The app is secure; you set up a PIN/ Touch ID to access on your phone
- The app is powered by our school website which means that when you download it, you will have a single place to receive and access important messages along with calendar events, newsletters, latest news and all information pages within the school website
- It’s paper-free so you no longer need to go searching for letters at the bottom of school bags
- Messages appear in your inbox in the condition that they left school; you will receive secure individual and group messages as well as whole school notices
Benefits of the app for the school:
- We can be certain that you have received the message
- We will be able to reduce costs as unlike texts, the app messages we send are free of charge
- It will reduce our administration time by keeping all communication tools within one place and therefore, sending information faster
To set up the App:
- Download the app as a guest user by visiting your app store and searching for TheSchoolApp or simply scan the QR code below using your mobile device
- The school will check that you have activated the app and we will send you an activation text message (during school working hours). Follow the instructions in that message to activate the app and to add your security PIN code.
To keep you fully update, it is important that we have the most up-to-date parent/guardian contact details and emergency contacts for your child. We asked you to complete these forms in September. However, if any information changes throughout the school year, please notify us immediately as the app will only work with the number you have given us. We can set up the app for one or two contacts per child. Please feel free to contact the school office if you need any further information about this service.