School Meals and FSM
- School meals are free for ALL pupils in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 under the government Universal Infant FREE School Meals initiative. They are entitled to free school meals regardless of your household income.
- If you are entitled to means-tested/benefit-related Free School Meals provision, your child will be provided with a hot school dinner.
- Please contact the office if you wish to pay for a hot school dinner. The cost is £2.55 per day.
- You may, of course, still provide your child with a packed lunch if you wish to do so.
All our meals are freshly cooked every day on site, using locally sourced produce. Our school kitchen has been awarded a 5 star hygiene rating.
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Click on the link below to apply via the Nottinghamshire County Council Citizen's Portal. If your claim for Free School Meals is successful, the school will be sent confirmation of eligibility and the start/end date for entitlement.